Languages are very important in citizens’ life: they are a key to communication and social inclusion. They are very closely linked to the development of intercultural competences, critical thinking, social and civic engagement. They enhance cross-border mobility and cooperation and thus raise awareness on and understanding of the common European values. This contact seminar wants to contribute to the challenge of the EU-wide agreed goal that every European should be able to learn two foreign languages (from an early age).
How can adult learners be stimulated to improve their literacy and/or learn multiple languages? How can the teaching of languages be improved – especially in multilingual classrooms/settings? Language learning happens in formal and non-formal activities; how can we reach a comprehensive approach to language teaching and learning in adult education? Do CLIL, trans-languaging, storytelling, gamification, escape rooms, specific online tools… contribute to effective language teaching and learning in adult education? What innovative methods do you want to share with language teachers from abroad?
Themes and goals of the TCA:
- To raise the number of high quality cooperation projects sharing best practices, discussing ideas for new projects, preparing drafts of applications for the successor of the Erasmus+ programme in the domain of Adult Education about the theme of the contact seminar.
- To develop Learning Mobility activities for staff in Adult Education in which language teachers are stimulated to learn innovative strategies and methodologies in the field of language learning and teaching via job shadowing / study visits…
- Getting together online, in a closed group in EPALE
- a general intro, some examples of good practice, some “meet & greet” sessions in smaller groups to get to know each other
- To start exchanging ideas for project proposals
At a glance
- Target group: Profile of participants: We welcome all organisations working on the improvement of adult learners’ literacy and foreign language competences in formal or non-formal adult education. The participants must be able to engage their organisation in an Erasmus+ (or its successor’s) partnership. In order to participate actively in this contact seminar they should be fluent in English, the working language of the seminar. There will be no translation during the presentations.
- Location: Online (invitation tba)
- Deadline: 04.09.2020
- Event fee (amount in EUR, if applicable): None.
- It is necessary to take part in the entire programme.
- Monday 28th Sept
7-8.30 pm: Welcome, aims of the initiative, getting to know each other
- Tuesday 29th Sept
10-12 am: Introduction on Erasmus+: KA1 / KA2 & the calls on Creativity and the KA1-accreditation
3-4 pm: Examples of good practice (KA1 & KA2)
- Wednesday 30th Sept
afternoon: Discussions/exchanges in groups on interesting/innovative methodologies in the teaching and learning of languages (didactics – interculturality…)
Developping project ideas
- Thursday 1st Oct
4-5 pm: Focus on some aspects of Erasmus+: financing – quality – application forms – the European Language Label…
- Friday 2nd Oct
10-12 am: European policy on Language Learning (tbc DG EAC)
How can EPALE help you with your project application and implementation?
Questions & Answers
- 2-4 pm: Group work: developping project ideas
Presentation of the project proposals
If you have questions regarding the event or the registration procedure, please contact:
0228 107 2553