Erasmus+ in VET and Adult Education
Welcome to the NA at BIBB
The National Agency Education for Europe at the German Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (NA at BIBB) works on behalf of and with financial support of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. It is the National Agency for the EU education programme Erasmus+ in the fields of vocational education and training (VET) and adult education in Germany. It also carries out numerous Europe-related and international tasks in the area of VET and adult education.
Erasmus+ is the EU's programme to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe. Its budget of €14.7 billion will provides opportunities for over 4 million Europeans to study, train, and gain experience abroad. Set to last until 2020, Erasmus+ doesn't just have opportunities for students. Merging seven prior programmes, it has opportunities for a wide variety of individuals and organisations. The NA at BIBB is responsible for implenting Erasmus+ in VET as well as adult education in Germany.
Other programmes and projects
Additionally, there are other programmes and projects housed at NA at BIBB:
- VET worldwide ("AusbildungWeltweit"): VETWorldwide (or Vocational Training Worldwide) is a scholarship program from the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research to facilitate practical learning experience abroad for young apprentices and their trainers in the state-recognized German dual vocational training system and in school-based initial vocational training.
- Information and Support Center for vocational Training abroad (IBS): The IBS supports apprentices in finding the precise provision to match training goals. Ist database contains information on vocational learning programmes from all over the world. The IBS provides a personal advisory service to school leavers, apprentices, VET students, skilled workers, trainers and company owner alike and can put you in touch with experienced consultants near a certain location.
- Europass: The Europass consists of five documents to help European citizens make their skills and qualifications clearly and easily understood in Europe.
- German-Israeli programme: This bilateral programme to support cooperation in vocational education and training was launched in1969. It has supported the exchange of knowledge within this area ever since by enabling VET experts, academic researchers and trainees to undertake stays in the respective other partner country. The aim is to learn from and with one another. The programme also allows participants to broaden their horizons and fosters intercultural exchange.
- EPALE: EPALE is a European, multilingual, open membership community of adult learning professionals, including adult educators and trainers, guidance and support staff, researchers and academics, and policymakers.
Transnational Mobility in Initial Vocational Education and Training in 2017
Study on Mobility
The European Council defined a benchmark of 6% for VET mobility in Europe by 2020. The German Bundestag on its part set a national benchmark of 10% for VET mobility, also for 2020. The study presents the status quo of VET mobility in Germany in 2017. Whereas the European benchmark has almost been...
European adult learning in Germany
Joint brochure of the Erasmus + Adult Education section of the NA at BIBB and the National Coordination Points European Agenda for Adult Learning and EPALE (2018)
The brochure provides an overview of NA at BIBB’s activities on the subject of "European adult learning in Germany". Three areas are presented: funding opportunities for adult education projects through the Erasmus + program, the activities of the National Coordination Point European Agenda for...
IBS: An adventure that is also of high practical value
Initial and continuing vocational training abroad
The Information and Support Center for vocational training abroad (IBS) will support you in finding the precise provision to match your training goals in initial and continuing training...
- European Commission: What is Erasmus+?
- European Commission: Education and Training
- European Commission: Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion
- The European Council
- EACEA: Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB)
The National Agency Education for Europe at the German Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (NA at BIBB) has been in existence since 2000 and works on behalf of and with financial support of the Federal Ministry of Education and Reserach (BMBF). It is the National Agency for the EU education programme Erasmus+ in the fields of vocational education and training (VET) and adult education in Germany.
It also carries numerous Europe-related and international task in the area of VET and adult education. The NA at BIBB works closely with the EU Commission and at national level with ministries, federal states, social partners, associations, Chambers, companies, universities, and education and training organisations.